Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Snakes in a yard


I was walking through the yard this weekend and I found this little guy. He/she was probably around 8" long, so practically large enough to kill me dead. Courageously I managed to touch it's tail without squealing like a girl, and then it balled up and got all bitchy with me. Feel free to pretend that we fought each other valiantly for a solid 30 minutes, though.

We both went our separate ways and a few minutes later I was walking through the garage mentally (and smugly) patting myself on the back for not freaking out about the snake and some rather large spiders I've seen lately. At the same moment, I opened the door leading out of the garage into our back yard and I caught a flash of something big and black on the step below the door. Of course, it was our gutter extender that I sat there when I mowed but my mind immediately jumped to "Snake! Huge Snake! You gone get eaten!"

The smug mental back patting stopped right there, seems that I have a ways to go yet.

On the bright side, last Friday was payday and our student loan debt counter is teetering on the brink of "giggling like a silly moron" levels: $3068.06 as of today.

No comments:

Post a Comment