Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Update? We don't need no stinking update.


Aside from the student-loan-debt-counter falling to $2,474.68 (balance as of today), there isn't a whole lot going on. Amber just complained about checking the website and seeing the picture of the snake (so I've included an awesome bear-explosion-atv picture instead).

We're both very excited and we feel that we will easily be able to pay off the loans by the end of October (next month!). What then, you ask? Well, mostly saving money I guess. We don't have much in terms of a proper emergency fund (the goal would be to have 6 months of expenses) and I'd like to re-start my Roth IRA and start one for Amber. I have a feeling that the "extra" money we'll have no longer going to student loan payments will be gone quicker than we'd like. We'll also get to start some work on the house which will be great!

Amber is still plugging along with volleyball and I have done my best to completely avoid my commitment to P90x. Is anyone surprised? Instead I've been trying to find ways to busy myself around the house as to not feel completely worthless.

2 comments:

  1. I actually own that shirt. It was given to me as a gift this past March.

    I've been avoiding my P90X too. I even washed my darn yoga mat so it wouldn't be all gross....and now it's just sitting there....go figure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an amazing shirt to own. Wear it proudly!

    ReplyDelete