Monday, May 9, 2011

Drywall? More like took-you-long-enough-wall.


Contrary to my best efforts of dragging out the bedroom remodel as long as I can, I am one stinking piece away from being done hanging the drywall in what will be the baby's room.  All in all I'm pretty happy with how it turned out as a first timer.  Buddy Brian helped me with the ceiling and starting one of the walls, but since then I think I've done an adequate job not screwing it up too much.




Working by myself wasn't too bad though I could not have done it without one of these or these, I'd highly recommend them for anyone doing the work themselves.  My harbor freight multifunction tool also made cutting holes for the drywall super easy.  Maybe a little too easy, especially if you can't measure all that super good.

Tonight or tomorrow I should be getting the last piece of drywall I need and hanging it, then it's just a matter of time to get my finishing expert guy to help me out and curse me for doing such a lousy job hanging it.

Still to do:
  1. Drywall finishing/sanding
  2. Priming/paint
  3. New pre-hung door
  4. Closet jambs
  5. Flooring
  6. Wiring baseboard heater and thermostat
  7. Hang closet doors
  8. Fancy closet organizer
  9. Trim, lots and lot of trim

No comments:

Post a Comment