Tuesday, July 27, 2010

National Lampoons Renovo Vacation


Renovo: That little getaway famous for drugs and not being pronounced like it's spelled (Renova) hosted a great mini-vacation for us over the weekend with some friends at their hunting cabin. The best way to spend time up here is doing whatever the heck you want. I wasn't at home, so there were no chores for me to do. No lawn mowing or laundry or walls to paint, only the fun stuff.

Playing some wiffle ball? Check.
Video games with the fellas? Check.
Attempting some fun spud gun antics? Check.
Hilariously failing at spud gun shooting? Check.
Jumping/swinging off of tall things into water? Double Check.
Quoits? I think you get the picture.
Name game? Oh god, let's not talk about the name game.
Shooting a bow for the first time in my adult life? Ahyup.




This trip allowed me to cross some stuff off my to do list for the summer. We have a similar cliff/rock jump locally that I've been wanting to do, but I feel that this rock jump was an excellent substitute, and the rope swing was just an added bonus (though a bit more terrifying).

I came back a few pound heavier and I was hoping to improve my diet this week, but it hasn't been any better. We haven't been doing real well planning our meals which is really like a highway to the dieting danger zone (not unlike the highway to the danger zone, though less cool), and it definitely doesn't make anything better.

A few positives over the week, though. Playing quoits over the weekend motivated me enough to set up my own pits at home, I went for a bike ride this week (yea, only one, I know), and we made another dent in our student loans as of today (7/30/2010). The dent wasn't as substantial as I had hoped it would be, but the damage was done and it definitely won't buff out.

I see I took my sweet-old time writing this post and it's almost time for another weekend. Awww shucks.

Debt countdown balance as of 7/30/2010: $4,842.47

No comments:

Post a Comment